top of page


  • 1. How does NAROSEN rose water differentiate from the other rose water products on the market?
    The rose water market is crowded with products that are not actually meant to be “real“ rose water. The benefits of rose water come from the precious oil that exists in the rose petals. When we talk about rose water, we have to make sure that the oil is not removed during the distillation, otherwise what is left is just the residual product after the rose oil is extracted. Due to the high price of the rose oil, the vast majority of the rose water producers prefer to build their production line to extract the rose oil, leaving the remaining residual product void of the active compounds of Rosa Damascena. This remaining inferior product, what they call rose water, is not "real" rose water. Rosa Damascena's essential oil contains over 300 known natural constituents, which make up about 86% of the oil. The other 14% is comprised of minuscule quantities of unidentified compounds, which is why it's impossible for a synthetic rose fragrance to capture the complicated beauty of the real thing. To keep the integrity of Rosa Damascena, we are not removing the essential oil during the production.
  • 2. Can I expect the same benefits from each rose water that claims the essential oils are preserved?
    Unfortunately, you cannot. Rosa Damascena is a sensitive plant, and the essential oil inside is too volatile. Therefore, a delicate process must be performed from harvesting to distillation in order to properly preserve the essential oils of Rosa Damascena. Flower picking should be carried out before sunrise, since the sunlight and high temperature affect the petal content. After picking, the petals need to be immediately transported to the production facility to avoid damaging the rich and delicate essential oils. Moreover, the duration of distillation and the maximum temperature reached during the distillation should be at precise levels to maintain the quality of the essential oil structure.
  • 3. Why Rosa Damascena?
    Rosa Damascena, the raw material of NAROSEN Rose Water, has been recognized as a medicinal plant. There have been hundreds of peer-reviewed scientific studies carried out and published on accepted databases, such as PubMed and ScienceDirect. As a result of the clinical evaluation of all of these studies, the EMA (European Medicine Agency) Committee on Herbal Products has suggested two indications for use in phytotherapy. NAROSEN Rose Water, obtained from Rosa Damascena which has been subjected to much scientific research, is a product with a higher level of clinical evidence compared to an ordinary cosmetic product in terms of safety, efficacy, and benefit. The literature cites the variety of benefits attributed to Rosa Damascena that are obtained from the whole plant.
  • 4.Why is the scent of NAROSEN Rose Water different from other rose waters?
    NAROSEN Rose Water does not contain any additives, preservatives, or perfumes. The unremoved essential oils of NAROSEN Rose Water result in the real scent of pure rose water. The frequency of the essential oils in its content is very high, and it is rapidly absorbed by the skin. The remaining part of the essential oil left on the skin evaporates quickly, and there is no scent left. Therefore, no odor can be detected shortly after use. This is one of the distinguishing factors used by older rose specialists to distinguish the real rose water from synthetic. Real rose water does not have an intense odor, as opposed to synthetic rose water, which contains perfumes and essences. However, if you spray NAROSEN Rose Water on your hair or clothes, as there are no layers like skin that can absorb the rose water, the scent will last longer.
  • 5.Why does NAROSEN Herbal Products produce only one product?
    We believe that beyond the regulations that cosmetic products must comply with, the safety and efficacy of every product should be evaluated in the light of the most advanced technology and modern scientific methodologies. We searched all the available literature for preclinical and clinical data relevant to Rosa Damascena and performed a gap analysis to meet essential performance and safety requirements determined by the NAROSEN research and development team. After this evaluation, we performed clinical and preclinical studies. Data analyses and scientific tests take time. In the end, we have reached sufficient evidence that NAROSEN Rose Water is both safe and highly effective.
bottom of page